The SPE Foundation offers numerous scholarships to students who have demonstrated or expressed an interest in the plastics industry. They must be majoring in or taking courses that would be beneficial to a career in the plastics industry. This would include, but is not limited to, plastics engineering, polymer science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, and industrial engineering. All applicants must be in good standing with their colleges. Financial need is considered for most scholarships.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete a Scholarship Application and return it to The SPE Foundation. The application submitted must include:
- A completed application form.
- Three recommendation letters: two from a teacher or school official and one from an employer or non-relative. The Extrusion Division/Lew Erwin Scholarship application requires only one recommendation letter, which must be from the Faculty Advisor associated with the Senior or M.S. project.
- A high school and/or college transcript for the past two years.
- A list of current and past school activities and community activities and honors.
- A listing of your employment history, starting with your most recent job. Where your involvement was in plastics/polymers, describe that activity.
- A 1-2 page statement telling why you are applying for the scholarship, your qualifications, and your educational and career goals in the plastics industry.
- See the scholarship application for additional details.
Complete details on Foundation General Scholarships are available from The SPE Foundation. Call +1 203.740.5457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2016 Society of Plastics Engineers