Everybody wins when SPE membership grows!
Recruit or refer a new member today!
What is the SPE Membership Rewards Program (MRP)?
- SPE members network with their peers to recruit or refer new SPE members to keep the Society strong and growing.
- For each new, paid member you recruit or refer between May 1, 2012 and March 1, 2013, your name will be entered into our Membership Rewards Prize drawings for a chance to win some great rewards. (Rewards)
- Your new recruit joins for only $109 for the first year (a $35 savings), and gains the benefits of SPE membership. Student member rate is $20 (an $11 savings).
- The Section and Division your new recruits join will also receive an incentive. (Rewards)
How does it work?
There are three easy ways you can help the Society introduce plastics professionals to SPE membership. Once you’ve identified professional colleagues or peers you know, who are not currently SPE members, you can:
- Send a personalized email to your colleagues— directly from the SPE website! We’ve written the message for you and included the links your colleagues will need to join. All you need to do is populate the form.
- Download and print membership applications (Professional Member Application) (Student Member Application) from our SPE website and give them to your colleagues to fill out. (Be sure to fill in the “Recommended by” line and your SPE Member Number to ensure you receive credit for recruiting them.)
- Send us the names of your colleagues who you feel would be interested in SPE membership, and we’ll contact them for you and invite them to join the Society! You’ll get the credit if they do! (Refer a colleague here)
Important: For tracking purposes, your name and SPE Member Number must be in the “Recommended by” line on the application to earn rewards. At the end of the program, you will receive an email that lists the number of new members you recruited and your rewards eligibility.
What are some tips for recruiting new members?
- Check out our helpful hints and tips on how to recruit.
What are the program rules?
- The program is open to current SPE members except those in Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Russia, and Slovakia.
- Student members are eligible to participate and join.
- To receive credit for each new member, the recruiter’s name and SPE Member Number must appear in the “Recommended by” section of the new member’s application.
- A new/reinstated member will receive the reduced dues rate only if acceptance code MRP-R is entered on their application and dues are paid in full.
- All applications must include acceptance code MRP-R to be counted toward the rewards program.
- Recruited or referred members cannot be current members of SPE as of the recruitment date to be counted toward the 2012–2013 program and prizes.
- All applications must be received and recruited or referred members must join SPE prior to March 1, 2013, to be counted toward the 20120–2013 program and prizes.
- Rules and rewards are subject to change by the SPE Membership Department.