SPE Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
General Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants for all Foundation scholarships, unless otherwise specified, must be full-time undergraduate students in either a four-year college or a two-year technical program or enrolled in a graduate program (for those scholarships available to graduate students).
- All applicants must have a demonstrated or expressed interest in the plastics industry.
- Applicants must be majoring in or taking courses that are beneficial to a career in the plastics/polymer industry.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with their schools.
- Financial need of applicants will be considered for most scholarships.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an application and return it to The SPE Foundation by February 15, 2011 (the deadline for the Extrusion Division/Lew Erwin Memorial Scholarship is March 1, 2011). The application submitted must include:
- A completed application form.
- Three recommendation lettters: two from a teacher or school official and one from an employer or non-relative. The Extrusion Division/Lew Erwin Scholarship application requires only one recommendation letter, which must be from the Faculty Advisor associated with the Senior or M.S. project.
- A high school and/or college transcript for the past two years.
- A list of current and past school activities and community activities and honors.
- A listing of your employment history, starting with your most recent job. Where your involvement was in plastics/polymers, describe that activity.
- A 1-2 page statement telling why you are applying for the scholarship, your qualifications, and your educational and career goals in the plastics industry.
- See Scholarship Application for additional details.