Curriculum Sheet - Grade School
THROUGH LIVELY DEMONSTRATIONS & HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES, PLASTIVAN® IS DESIGNED TO EXCITE STUDENTS ABOUT REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS OF PLASTICS.
PlastiVan® explains the history, chemistry, processing, and sustainability of plastics in addition to describing the opportunities in science and engineering within the plastics industry.
PlastiVan® educators are skilled in tailoring the presentation to meet the needs and grade-level expectations of each classroom.
- What is a polymer chain?
- What do plastics do?
- Where do plastics come from?
- Who makes plastics?
- Making plastics out of corn
- Plastics at the grocery store
- Plastics in your car
- Plastics in medicine
- What do engineers and scientists do?
- How do you make that water bottle?
- Thermoplastics can be recycled
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Whoopie cushion plastics fun
- Diaper gel is a polymer!
- Slime is a polymer!
DEMONSTRATE THE BENEFITS OF PLASTICS IN EVERYDAY LIFE
EXCITE STUDENTS ABOUT CAREERS IN THE PLASTICS INDUSTRY
ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO RECYCLE AT HOME AND SCHOOL
CHANGE THE PERCEPTION OF PLASTICS ONE CLASSROOM AT A TIME