SPE is proud to announce a series of four roundtables based around diversity, equity and inclusion in manufacturing.
Presentations will be an engaging mix of keynotes, panel discussions, “TED Talk” style sessions, with audience interaction/Q&A.
- Leading the Way – How the top people from the top companies are fostering DEI throughout their organizations.
- Business case for DEI (how diversity creates more successful companies)
- Personal stories. Helping people recognize how their behaviors can make others feel marginalized
- First steps. What can people and companies do now to improve their behaviors and cultures
- Data points, geared towards scientific/engineering professionals
- Language of DEI. DEI conversations are new. People make unknowing missteps-navigating those missteps is important.
- Bias-we all have it-how do we recognize it and how do we change our thought process around it?
- Ageism – How to change/create a manufacturing environment that is inclusive to younger workers. What are the cultural issues which need to be addressed to attract younger workers?
- How to become/be a change-maker. And does that look different for different groups?
More information will be announced soon.
DATES & LOCATIONS:
December 6-7, 2021
New York City, NY
April 11-12, 2022
Anaheim Convention Center
June 13-14, 2022
Charlotte Convention Center
November 2022 (TBD)
Minneapolis Convention Center