Hands on Plastics™ Activities
Kits Are NOW Available Online: Order Today!
(shipping fee included in price)
Days Eight through Twelve:
Industrial Testing (Revised from original HOP projects for schools who do not have the necessary equipment for the original projects)
The following activities of the Hands on Plastics™2 website is adapted from the original Hands on Plastics™ projects to be appropriate for middle school students.
- Industrial Activities
- Procedure Template
- Rubric For Scoring Scientific Procedures Using the Six Traits of Writing
- Comparison Matrix for Abrasion Results
New Activities (Wisconsin Model Academic Standards)
- Why Plastic?
- A Poly Good Time
- Building Brain Background
- Sad Statistics 1
- Sad Statistics 2
- Plastic Potpourri
- Not All Plastics Are Created Equal
- Gelatin Egg Head
- Wild and Crazy Helmet Day
- Career Day At Cooper—Helmets Are a Must
- Helmet Spoken Here
- When I Grow Up (Part 1)
- When I Grow Up (Part 2)
- Helmet Awareness
- Extended Activities Across the Community
- Making a Museum
- Use Your Head
- Using Plastic to Protect Our Environment
The Hands On Plastics™ kits contain information about demonstration experiments, which are potentially dangerous. This information is directed at qualified teachers. Experiments suggested in this kit should only be performed with appropriate supervision.