Outreach Educator for the PlastiVan® Program Society of Plastics Engineers Foundation
Reports To: SPE Foundation Chief Executive
FLSA Classification: Contract/Part time
U.S. Locations Available: Midwest – Northeast – Mid-Atlantic Regions, Texas, Pacific Northwest, West Coast
General Summary: Duties include travel throughout assigned region educating students in grades 5-12, teachers, and general public about the chemistry, history, processing, sustainability, environmental issues and social impact of plastics. Outreach Educators must enjoy teaching all levels of students in an informal and enthusiastic manner.
- Prepare, stock, and ship/transport materials for classroom demonstrations
- Teach up to five classes per day, using provided curriculum
- Market and book the program
- Schedule individual PlastiVan visits
- All communication to/with the scheduled schools
- Travel to various locations within assigned region
- Maintain a positive public image for the plastics industry and the SPE
- Attend trade shows and STEM fairs
- Track daily expenses
- HAZMAT shipping certification
- Continuing professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- Have fun!
- Adhere to all SPE policies and procedures
- Provide excellent service to members and staff
- Telephone, written and face-to-face member communications are a central part of SPE's day-to-day business. Educator will be expected to treat member communications as a top priority
- Internal: SPE Foundation Chief Executive, PlastiVan Program Coordinator, SPE Staff
- External: Members, prospects, vendors, other trade/industrial groups and the public
- Education: College degree
- Experience: Knowledge of the plastics industry or general science preferred. Classroom or training experiences a plus.
- Job Requirements: Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to travel extensively, possibly a full week at a time; ability to work some evenings and weekends. Customer-service skills essential.
SPE Foundation Chief Executive
+1 810.814.6412 | email@example.com